By Jennifer Landrieu, Director
And there were, in the same country,
shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them,
and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for,
behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you;
You shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
– Luke 2:8-14
The wreaths are hung, we’re cutting loops off of our Advent Chains, the Pastors have read the students the story of Christ’s birth, we’re singing songs in preparation for our Christmas pageant, and there’s an overall excitement at the Preschool this December. Children will soon be creating handmade gifts for their parents and may choose to take an ornament off of our “Giving Tree” which benefits local families in need.
If you’re looking for a few great Christ-centered Christmas books to read with your little one, here are a few of our favorites:
- Advent Storybook: 24 Stories to Share Before Christmas by Antonie Schneider
- A Child was Born: A First Nativity Book by Grace Maccarone
- The Christmas Baby by Marion Dane Bauer
- The Christmas Story with Ruth J Morehead’s Holly Babes
- The First Night by B. G. Hennessy
- Mortimer’s Christmas Manger by Jane Chapman and Karma Wilson