Preschool is an exciting place to learn and play, but if it’s your child’s first time away from home, it can also be a little daunting. We suggest you gradually introduce your child to the idea of attending preschool.
Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Speak positively about all the fun your child will have with their new teachers and friends.
(If you have any worries about your child starting preschool, don’t let your child know.)
- Visit the Preschool before your child’s first day of school. (Our Open House is a great opportunity.)
- Read books about going to Preschool. (i.e. The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn and Llama Llama Misses Mama By Ana Dewdney)
- Prepare your child for what to expect.
- Once school starts, make drop-offs brief with a big hug and kiss. Make sure to leave promptly and always say good-bye.
- Be kind, patient, and consistent during this adjustment period and remember our teachers and staff are here to support your child and you, too.
We know your child will learn to LOVE coming to our Preschool!