By Jennifer Landrieu, Director
If you’re looking for some local summer fun, here are a few suggestions:
- Attend CAMP NORTH BRANCH! There’s still room in Weeks 3 and 4.
- Visit the birds at the Raptor Trust in Basking Ridge (donations accepted).
- Take a nature walk or bike ride at Duke Farms in Hillsborough.
- Ride a steam train at the Black River and Western Railroad in Flemington. (or visit Northlandz in Flemington – the largest model railroad museum)
- Watch fireworks on the 4th of July from North Branch Park, Milltown Road, Bridgewater.
- Go to a concert at Duke Island Park in Bridgewater most summer Sundays. Pack a picnic dinner!
- See a drive-in movie at White Oak Park in Branchburg.
- Feed the animals at Johnson Park on River Road in Piscataway. (Playgrounds, too.)
- Spend the day at the beach at Round Valley Reservoir just off Route 22 in Hunterdon County.
- Make your own frozen yogurt creation at Frozen Falls, mention NBRC Preschoool and 15% of your purchase will benefit the Preschool.
- Chase the hot air balloons from the NJ Festival of Ballooning July 26-28th. The festival is at Solberg Airport in Readington.
- Star gaze at the RVCC Planetarium and stay for a laser light show!